There are so many places of interest in eastern Sicily that you can easily reach just staying in the Sea Shell Holiday Home. Our island is famous for its beaches, but it is also full of tourist attractions, both cultural and of natural interest!
I chose to create this section to provide our future guests (and all those who are traveling to Catania and surroundings) some useful tips about the places not to be missed in Sicily.
First of all, I would like to introduce you to the closest beaches to the Sea Shell Holiday Home, to which I have created a special page.
In close proximity
A short distance away from our apartment are some of the most popular destinations in Sicily. In a short time you can reach:
- The wonderful Taormina, a destination for European tourism since the 1800s
- The small city of Acireale, with its many churches
- The picturesque villages of fishermen Aci Trezza and Acicastello
- Catania, symbol of cultural wealth
The natural beauties
The places of interest in Sicily are also naturalistic!
- Mount Etna, the highest active volcano in Europe, is easily accessible from our structure.
- In a wide valley north of Etna you can admire the Gole dell’Alcantara (Alcantara Gorges).
- The Oasis of Vendicari, near Syracuse, is a heavenly place where nature reigns uncontaminated.
Thanks to the strategic position of the Sea Shell Holiday Apartment, you can easily visit Southern Sicily. In a short time you can reach:
- The city of Syracuse
- The baroque town of Noto
- Caltagirone, famous for its ceramics and its architecture
Other places to visit in Sicily
Things to see in Sicily, of course, do not end here (to list all of them I would need a site on purpose!). Around our apartment there are many other places, perhaps less famous, but in my opinion extremely interesting from the point of view of tourism.
Moreover, if you are prepared to drive for long-distance, you can also reach some more distant Sicilian destinations in the day, such as the Valley of the Temples in Agrigento, Ragusa Ibla, Cefalù, Palermo… just to name a few! In any case, when you will be my guests, I will be glad to give you all the information you need to enjoy your trip to Sicily!
Do you already know Riposto, our town?
Take a look at the description of our apartment and the services we offer!